Recent content by finishthework

New Build Inspections
  1. F

Poor work and still not finished

My missing wardrobe door seems insignificant compared to your major problems. Have you raised concern and put in a claim with the NHBC. Methinks we should both follow the link below and get on TV.
  2. F

TV Programme looking for problem homes

You can use our Taylor Wimpey house in Milton Keynes if interested. For details see my posts on the ongoing wait to get the house completed (legal completion was xmas eve).:rolleyes:
  3. F

I know. Removed a bucket full of broken bricks today that had fallen off the scaffolding into the garden. Barbeque anyone.....? :eek:
  4. F

Was it a critism? Excelling at not building very well at the moment. Todays progress: painting the garage door.
  5. F

The Health and Safety issues are a concern. The builders have not done any work on the adjoining property since mid December last year. They have bricklayers working on other houses throughout the site. I guess money is involved with a rush to complete other properties. Have had painters...
  6. F

Pictures galore on facebook if you do a search
  7. F

The painters have been in for 3 days now repainting everything properly. Still waiting for the 2 damaged basins to be replaced, the other half of the wardrobe and some other minor works inside. The outside is still wanting a lot of work to complete. Have attached pics of the rear gate that I...
  8. F

Their recomended solicitor, yes, but Hallifax for a small mortgage. The Wimpey broker was an idiot and discarded despite the incentives that were on offer. Halifax did the valuation prior to the start of building. They took advice that completion was done via builders completion certificate and...
  9. F

Beware of buying in Milton Keynes from Taylor Wimpey. Promises promises that all fall flat. Taylor Wimpey brought forward our completion date 2/3 months to 24/12/09. This raised concerns as the speed of the work required would lead to poor workmanship. On the 23/12/09 I got the first viewing of...