Recent content by ADAM001

New Build Inspections
  1. A

Persimmon new build...advice needed.

Update - Snags were reported,and generally they have been very good in coming to fix them - loft has been vented and re-insulated,there are are still one or two things left to do,but something more disturbing than that has happened,when we went in for the deal,we asked if there was any...
  2. A

Im kind of wishing i got a snagging surveyor in prior to completion,which i originally planned to do but stupidly never did due to various factors - do you think it would still be wise to have one done post completion? Would it add weight to any issues i have,or is it a case of shutting the door...
  3. A

mmmm,ive also noticed my bedroom window sofit doesnt run straight above the window and there is a gap either side could this be contributing to the condensation,you can also see the loft insulation stuffed under the rafter trays and into the sofits,there are also areas of the loft floor that are...
  4. A

We did end up going through with the purchase,all the initial snags were dealt with within our first week of moving in,the site manager came in and sorted them,however I found,whilst in the loft,that it was soaking with condensation,I found a bathroom extract vent not connected! Got site manager...
  5. A

If i pull out of the deal,can Persimmon pursue me for Estate agents fees as they have accepted an offer on our property,or can we walk away now and just lose the reservation fee? How would this work in a part ex situation? I presume we can pull out at anytime before exchange?
  6. A

Certainly food for thought - heres a bit more info - Persimmon have offered us 5k less than market value,which seemed reasonable to us,they have marketed it at 15k less than they have offered us and an offer has gone in from a buyer and been accepted,so our house is as good as sold. I spoke to...
  7. A

Hi, My wife and i are in the process of a part ex with persimmon,we have reserved the plot,and the house is pretty much complete,as it being used as a show home,athough not in the classic sense - i.e its just been decorated,carpeted and turf laid - and as part of the deal we are getting the...