Snagging Inspections
    Thanks

Default No LABC Warranty

I tried to post yesterday on the forum about the windows in our new build but the forum wouldn't let me post as I had 20 tags (?) and am only allowed 5? I therefore thought I would break my Q's down starting with the the LABC warranty. I was sold this property nearly a year ago with an LABC warranty but have since found out that there isn't a warranty. The builder initially said it was because the properties sold value was greater than he original submitted and it was just a Q of him paying more money , but subsequently we can't get him to respond to our correspondence. I assume no warranty would be an indisputable /straight forward breach of contract but that is going to cost us mega bucks to pursue with a solicitor, yes? I would appreciate hearing your thoughts thanks.

Thanks

Default No LABC warranty cover

Quote Originally Posted by Kat13 View Post
    I tried to post yesterday on the forum about the windows in our new build but the forum wouldn't let me post as I had 20 tags (?) and am only allowed 5? I therefore thought I would break my Q's down starting with the the LABC warranty. I was sold this property nearly a year ago with an LABC warranty but have since found out that there isn't a warranty. The builder initially said it was because the properties sold value was greater than he original submitted and it was just a Q of him paying more money , but subsequently we can't get him to respond to our correspondence. I assume no warranty would be an indisputable /straight forward breach of contract but that is going to cost us mega bucks to pursue with a solicitor, yes? I would appreciate hearing your thoughts thanks.
    In which case your builder is in breach of contract ....in not providing you with a warranty

And

Has made false advertising claims regardingbwarranty protection

And your solicitor has let you down ....they should ensure all the paperwork is in order prior to legal completion

Call geoff peters at www.wungrovelaw.co.uk to get your legal position on this

But to me it looks a strong case based on what you have said

Thanks

Default No LABC warranty cover

Quote Originally Posted by newbuildinspections View Post
    In which case your builder is in breach of contract ....in not providing you with a 10 year structural warranty

And

Has made false advertising claims regarding warranty protection ...and so you can contact trading standards

And your solicitor has let you down ....they should ensure all the paperwork is in order prior to legal completion ...have you spoken to them.about this ...please tell me you didnt use buikders own solicitor

Call geoff peters at Wingrove Law to get your legal position on this

But to me it looks a strong case based on what you have said
    Please let us know how you get on ....as this will help others

Thanks

Sorry ...Wingrove Law

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. No we didn't use the builders own solicitor but ours was pretty hopeless, but in our experience solicitors are! Do you know if the Warranty is issued AFTER signing or if it should have been in place BEFORE completion? We were sent details about the warranty but not the warranty. Given how demanding I am for info/certificates/warranties etc during a purchase I can't believe that I didn't ask "where is the ACTUAL Warranty"? Duh!! I think it was just the last two properties on the estate which ended up with no warranty. I also have issues with my windows but every time I try to post on this forum about the windows I am being told that there are too many tags in the post ? I will give Wingrow Law a go and let you know what happens. Our solicitor left immediately after we signed (she didn't say she was leaving) and we have not been able to get anyone at the firm to reply to our e-mails!!

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    WITHOUT A CERTIFICATE CML CERTIFICATE ...YOUR MORTGAGE COMPANY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BE ABLE TO MAKE THE LOAN

something is clearly not right here

if you get no joy from the solicitors ...tell them youre making a complaint to the solicitors ombudsman ....and then do it
    Many Thanks
    Steve