Thread: Barratt Customer Care Don't Care

Thanks

Angry Barratt Customer Care Don't Care

Anyone else had problems getting Barratt Customer Care to fix problems with their new home? I have been waiting 4 months for door and door frame to be to be replced after they said it would take 6 weeks! Been unable to heat house all winter. We have dips in the floor which they don't seem keen on fixing and coming up with all sorts of excuses regarding it. Our outside fence hasn't been built straight. Our back door has drafts coming in under and around the actual door frame. Cracks in toilets pans and sinks, i could go on and on and these issues are still not fixed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuybarratthome View Post
    Anyone else had problems getting Barratt Customer Care to fix problems with their new home? I have been waiting 4 months for door and door frame to be to be replced after they said it would take 6 weeks! Been unable to heat house all winter. We have dips in the floor which they don't seem keen on fixing and coming up with all sorts of excuses regarding it. Our outside fence hasn't been built straight. Our back door has drafts coming in under and around the actual door frame. Cracks in toilets pans and sinks, i could go on and on and these issues are still not fixed.
    Inform them you're going to NHBC in X days if not resolved, then follow through if needed. Go as far you need to until it's dealt with to your satisfaction, and do not be surprised at all by how far you might have to push. They rely on you giving up or not bothering at all...

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    Sorry to hear that you're having problems. We completed in December and there are a few snags. We've found that the snags which the home care team can sort themselves are sorted fairly quickly, however the more time consuming issues, which often require contractors input, require a lot more prompting/chasing. I agree with Flatwebb - keep calling them at the beginning, middle and end of every week, and keep a paper/email trail. As an aside, we've received compensation for long contractor delays.