Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paddle Homes

Thanks

Default Paddle Homes

I just can't beleive that Paddle Homes are not on this website!!! the owner of Paddle is your real "Builder from Hell"

Thanks

You need to give more information!
    I have never heard of them and I suspect they do not build many new homes each year.
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders

Thanks

Default Paddle homes, in particular, DErek BArnes

Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    I just can't beleive that Paddle Homes are not on this website!!! the owner of Paddle is your real "Builder from Hell"
    I have worked for this man and I fully concur with your summing up of him, he short paid men all the time and did not build the houses correctly, shabby materials. No thought to building methods. short cuts all over the place. After sales were non existent. Health and safety was never adhered to. Terrible conditions for the work force. To sum him up he was the worst man I have ever worked for

4. The Following User Says Thank You to David robertson For This Useful Post:

tonyw (14th June 2013)

Thanks

Judging by the name "Paddle" Homes you imagine you might need wellies due to water leaks!
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer

Thanks

Just put his name and company name into a google search engine (Derek Barnes Paddle Homes) it will reveal all!! the man is a known crook and as David Robertson said above he builds houses completely against all known building regs and practices!! He is a total crook, he scammed me out of a lot of money when I briefly worked for him.

In the first week he instructed the groundworker to dig down well over 3 mitres on a weekend so no H&S would see, without any protection, they had a small mini digger to do it, it was to do a drainage connection, but what is worse the "Base Course" tarmac the 2 guys cut and dug up, his wanted them to put it back a bit like you would a jig saw puzzle!! they didn't do it thank god!!

He instructed me to use day old mortar and re-knock it up so it didn't get wasted, of course I ensured any old mortar got thrown, the man ia incredible in his ways, ways I thought went out 50+ years ago!!!

He is nothing short of THE ONE AND ONLY BUILDER FROM HELL!!!

Any prospective purchasers who even consider buying a property from PADDLE HOMES seriously DONT!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David robertson View Post
    I have worked for this man and I fully concur with your summing up of him, he short paid men all the time and did not build the houses correctly, shabby materials. No thought to building methods. short cuts all over the place. After sales were non existent. Health and safety was never adhered to. Terrible conditions for the work force. To sum him up he was the worst man I have ever worked for
    I am guessing by your name David you worked for him in the Scotland area? send me a PM if you would rather not discuss stuff on here? I have no problem discussing anything to do with him in public, he cheated me out of a lot of money earlier this year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewHomeExpert View Post
    Judging by the name "Paddle" Homes you imagine you might need wellies due to water leaks!
    He wanted (and did as far as I know) use old 3 x 2 baton to form roof trusses for a garage, the timber was no way man enough to support the weight, when I explain this he argued with me it was, this timber had been laying about for many many months in very inclement weather, it was twisted all over the place, it was split everywhere, its use would barely have been good enough for firewood!!

On this particular site in Scotland, areas of ground levels are way above the damp course levels, no insulation used in areas it should have been, but of course those areas are all covered up so no inspector could see! I could go on but please believe me and obviously David above agrees, the man is shocking!!!

Thanks

Oh and I might add, that if Derek Barnes wishes to take me on in a court of law, for any libel actions please let it happen! I have all the evidence I need to prove what I am saying is 100% fact! and I would not doubt for one minute that if that happens, many more people like myself would come forward and bury him!

I did have to laugh a few weeks ago, he rang my mobile, obviously not remembering who I am, and in a very rude and arrogant voice shouted "Whos that?" to which I replied, "Its me" I recognised his very rude voice straight away, he just hung up, he always just hung up on you even when you were having a conversation with him about work!

A rude and ignorant man who thinks the law is below him! he is in his late 70s by the way, and uses that to do and say what he wants, he was on the Cardonald site last year and a few guys had heard he would be there and came looking for the money he owed them, he had to hide in the back of a contractors van until they had gone!!! I don't condone violence, but I also don't condone scamming people for money!!

Thanks

Be very careful.
    You need to be 100% sure you have proof to support your "facts" if Derek Barnes does take you to court for libelling him on this forum.
    It is one thing to believe what you have written is true, proving it in a court of law is another matter.
    You should also be aware that you will have to pay your legal defence costs which could run into thousands for a long drawn out libel case.
    If Derek Barnes goes down this route, I doubt he would be prepared to settle out of court.
    As you say the man is in his late 70's, so by Scottish life expectancy statistics, he is unlikely to live that much longer anyway!

You have lost some money in unpaid wages. Don't add to it.

Thanks

Yesterday I received an e mail from a very recent former employee who is now gathering all (or as much as possible) information from as many ex employees who are owed money from him, which from my knowledge is just about anyone that has crossed his path.

If anyone wants to contact me from here regarding this issue please do send me a Private Message and I can pass it onto the person who lives up in Scotland who is arranging a sort of Group claim against the man / his company.

Just a note the Paddle homes web site has VERY recently been taken down / closed as well!!

Mr New Homes Expert (sorry I don't know your name ) I appreciate your comments above, but believe me if he were to take any comments anywhere near a court room I and many others would welcome it! I am assuming you have put his details into a search engine? also it is only libel if it is untrue, Everything I have stated is true! he only conned me to go all the way from South Wales to Scotland so all my H&E and all other credentials stopped the Edinburgh H&E from closing the site down, the day I left there the same guy gave me a copy of a letter which Barnes had sent to the Scottish H&E using my name and my credentials very much PRIOR to me starting up there!!

People should not be scared to stand up against these sort of people, as his whole background shows, he has a scant regard for employment law, scant regard for H&S and basically a scant regard for anything to do with building regs and building practices!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast