Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persimmon on TV

Thanks

Default Persimmon on TV

Hi there

I am working on a new consumer TV show, and i am looking into new builds. I have been contacted by people specifically about Persimmons.

I am trying to build up some case studies about them, so that we can highlight them to the public, but i cannot do that without you guys! It does not mena yo9u have to appear on TV, it just means that we can build a solid case to go to them with.

If you have had any problems with your new build then please contact us.

Best Wishes

Matthew
    The Complainers
    email: complain@northonetv.com
    tel: 0207 5025812

Thanks

Default Re:Persimmon on TV

Hi

I have had an horrendous experience with persimmon which I am more than happy for you to use as a case study. My house is now 9 months behind in completion with no communication.
    After promises from everyone including the MD we were ready to complete today. Persimmon called me at 3pm yesterday to inform me the house is not ready as there is no steps to get to the front door. So inless that 24 hours to completion this was noticed which has left me in a very difficult position as I should have been moving today.
    Regards
    Lisa

Thanks

Hi,

We have just signed up to the website and have seen your post - we're happy to talk too; please see our post under the Persimmon Homes forum called 'Snagtastic 12 Months On'.

We will contact you outside of this forum to take this forwards.

Thanks

please see attached link could be a very good story hear for TV

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displa...pNodeId=137002

Thanks

Yes, my partner and I are well and truly fed up with Persimmon. We were pressurised into exchanging on a property at their Petworth site back in August only to be told the day after exchange that the anticipated completion date was going to be delayed. We are still waiting for Persimmon to make progress with the highway improvements that were part of the planning agreement. The County Council have had to impose a covenant on Persimmon preventing anyone from moving in before Persimmon meet their obligations. Looking on the web it seems there are several other people in the same boat all over the country. This builder is far too big for its boots and I am on the side of the council in spite of the inconvenience. They are completely uncommunicative and have so far refused to pay for my storage costs in spite of the delay being their fault. I am only glad that the properties at this site are selling slowly.

Thanks

Hi

We recently moved into a new Pesimmon home in Alvechurch, West Midlands. Beautiful rural, riverside setting BUT I would like to know if anyone else has had a problem with insulation.

There is virtually no insulation between the floors and walls inside our house and this has been proven when we had some extra light fittings put in.

More importantly, because we are a mid terraced prooperty, it is the insulation between the houses that is causing us so many problems. We can hear the next door occupants going up and down the stairs, opening and shutting doors and talking. We have repeatedly written to Persimmon but all we get back is that the insulation conforms to a standard set by an independant company called Robust Details(!) This house has cost us Ł320,000 and, for that, we expect our property to be soundproof and not to feel that we have to keep our tv and voices down! I liken it to staying in a budget hotel where you can hear the next door guests using the bathroom!

A very frustrated and disgruntled Persommon home occupier!

Thanks

you might find this link of interest

http://www.nabarro.com/downloads/Cus...g_industry.pdf

This shows how well the housebuilding industry is legally represented

Thanks

Yes a very nice sales brochure. That is all it is.

Of course there will be extreme cases displayed where people have gone out of their way to claim against housebuilders which spoils it for those of us who have genuine claims but did you notice how small the section was for “Genuine Claims�. It is all marketing and propaganda – the newspapers do the same.

The funniest comment is “From our experience, when a genuine complaint or claim arises Housebuilders will “bend over backwards� to try to resolve it as soon as possible to keep their customers happy.� In my case if I had agreed to my housebuilder’s bending over backwards, their more recent remedial action proposals would have seriously compromised my position and set me up for possible litigation by statutory bodies. Yes they bend over backwards - to get rid of you and they don’t care how they do it!!!! Bett Homes / Gladedale rule KO!!!!

It is all lies. New build buyers be very wary. This brochure paints a different picture to the reality of dealing with housebuilders and the NHBC.

A few truths:

The NHBC arbitration service is not free to the customer. It is included in the purchase price. The only freedom you have is whether you choose to use it – you are paying for it anyway (I am led to believe 10% of the purchase price goes to the NHBC – for what?)

NHBC Arbitration is not binding for the housebuilder. They may be forced to do the works but they have free reign on how they are going to do it. Be very aware that it may not comply with the building regulations but as soon as the owner allows access and work starts then it is the owner who is responsible. Check the legislation if you don’t believe me. The NHBC also state that it is up to the owner to determine the quality of workmanship?!?!?!? Odd isn’t it but I have written documentation from the NHBC to prove it.

The fundamental flaw, particularly in Scotland, with the NHBC arbitration or any other form of mediation or litigation is that after all the reports, costings, time wasting, judgements and legal fees have been agreed – it is still the owners responsibility to ensure the works are carried out correctly (see the Building (Scotland) Act and Building Regulation Note 1/94). So you go through this very lengthy process to get to the same place you were before you started. Again check the legislation if you don’t believe me.

And so on……

“The NHBC are the builder’s insurer.� (Simon Barrett – NHBC Engineering Manager) Paid for by the customer to protect the builder against the customer.

With my own situation I have offered to work with Bett Homes / Gladedale in resolving the problems with my property. I have stated that they can have access to my property whenever they need to carry out investigations or remedial works. I have offered to take responsibility for the works and pay for all supervision. What I am not going to allow is for them to provide solutions that do not comply with the building regulations, current codes of practice or compromise my position with any other official body. IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?????? Appears to be.

Back to the glossy brochure – read between the lines and the lies will be revealed. I wish I could be paid to produce such publications – looks like easy money.

Thanks

Hi Colin

I put the brochure on to show how the legal profession are looking after thier clients (the builder) and to show how they are able to lobby in great force.
    Everything for people like you and me who have genuine complaints are always at an extreme disadvantage financially when taking on the builder and the NHBC.

My finding also echo yours.

I do hope the OFT takes the trouble to contact people who contribute to this site to ensure there is a balanced view in thier investigation of new house building trade

Thanks

The harsh reality, just like the NHBC, is that it is the house buyer who is paying for builder's legal protection. Crazy!

At least with your own insurance you can pick and choose your provider. With a house you are forced to accept whatever insurer the builder subscribes to, and then pay dearly for it. Remember that the NHBC Guidelines are the same as the building regulations only in a more colourful format. So you are paying for something you are already entitled to receive. Bonkers!

You try and put up a partition wall in your house and Building Control are all over you. You report significant defects in your new build and Building Control don’t want to know.

This has to be one of the biggest cons in the country. But that is the way it was designed - can't have the people running the country, that just wouldn't do.

It’s all lies and smokescreens to keep the peasants in line. Some things never change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast