Snagging Inspections
    Thanks

Default Contracts Exchanged - Now Asking for More Money

Sorry is this has been asked before but could not see anything elsewhere.

I have just exchange contracts with Persimmons Sycamore Gardens. Been an absolute nightmare the last three months as I've had three separate contacts for the development as none of the staff seem stay anymore than a few weeks.

I have requested my finishing touches twice and had to chase them for over a month to take the payment (they lost my card details the first time). After they eventually took the payment mid this week I received an email to say that they had miss calculated they cost of my carpets ( I supplied them a spreadsheet with the figures they gave me and asked all the contacts to double check, all agreed is was fine).

Am I liable for the difference since the contracts have been exchanged and they have received all money for finishing touches and house?

Colleen

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    whilst morally yes

in legal terms its more difficult ,but comes under thier "invatation to treat" when accepted becomes legally binding ...would be my guess ,,based on my knowledge of consumer law

wiki says

An invitation to treat (or invitation to bargain in the United States) is a concept within contract law.[1] In Andrew Burrows' words, an invitation to treat is

"...an expression of willingness to negotiate. A person making an invitation to treat does not intend to be bound as soon as it is accepted by the person to whom the statement is addressed."[2]

A contract is a legally binding voluntary agreement that is formed when one person makes an offer, and the other accepts it. There may be some preliminary discussion before an offer is formally made. Such pre-contractual representations are known variously as “invitations to treat”, “requests for information” or “statements of intention”.

True offers may be accepted to form a contract, whereas representations such as invitations to treat may not. However, although an invitation to treat cannot be accepted it should not be ignored, for it may nevertheless affect the offer. For example, where an offer is made in response to an invitation to treat, the offer may incorporate the terms of the invitation to treat (unless the offer expressly incorporates different terms). If, as in the Boots case (described below) the offer is made by an action without any negotiations—such as presenting goods to a cashier—the offer will be presumed to be on the terms of the invitation to treat.
    Many Thanks
    Steve