Taylor Wimpey’s Peter Redfern is home and dry

New Build Inspections

Tony

Administrator
Perhaps the biggest surprise of this recession is not how many large businesses have gone down, but how few. In the case of Taylor Wimpey, Britain’s biggest housebuilder in terms of revenue, it certainly teetered. And as its losses and debts piled up, its young chief executive, Peter Redfern, looked to be toast.
mf.gif

More...Taylor Wimpey’s Peter Redfern is home and dry

Gzmo

I am so glad he is home and dry - not like me in February then when my house was flooded by negligence in plumbing work, even though water was pouring down the walls - electrics were not checked for over 3 weeks - too bad if I had gone up in a puff of smoke - sorry not covered under health & safety - 7 months later still trying to get compensation for damage to items, loss of earnings, the site manager who saw the items did not write down a full list - he just scribbled an idea of what had been damaged now I|am being treated like a criminal trying to prove I had a jumper, duvets etc etc.
The complaints department don't come back to you, their customer charter is not adhered to. Even a 2 page email to Peter Redfern was not even answered. Other residents have been waiting for over a year for repairs to be done - every one of our neighbours have had at least one leak - usually 3 - 4. Buy a Wimpey a house at your own peril. I used to think they were the best but the way the claim has been handled is appalling. The NHBC were worse than useless - the guy was half asleep and did not care because he said they have no powers - good eh? Your house is your biggest purchase but no omnibusman to assist you. I have met and talked to so many individuals who have had similar experiences. They think that their customers are not worth anything! Remember anything you own keep the receipt or they won't believe that you had it.
Buyer beware.

GKandR4CH

Bryant Homes, Taylor Wimpey are the biggest Cowboy Housing Developer in England.
I have no hesitation in stating this irrespective of being sued. If Redfern got off his backside and did the job he was supposed to do his company what not be in the state it is currently in. He is useless, couldn't even organise a paperround let alone reply to your or my letter.
These lot only answer court proceedings so I would suggest you go on this route.
Remember they have your money and that is it. Screw you and your family. They are not interested.
You have nothing but my full sympathy and support.
And remember www. mybryanthomeiscrap .co.uk

Last edited:

Gzmo

I wondered if you could give me some guidance on how to take them to court. Although they have said this is with their insurers in actual fact its not they are doing it through a Claim handling company - because they do not want to pay the access I suppose on their insurance - although they did not mind if I claimed on my home insurance - which I didn't as the house was still under warranty.

Because I have my own company they want to see 6 months income - although they have figures from my accountant stating loss of earnings and now they want me to make up dates of when I purchased items - it is just one fob off after another - 7 months later and still out of pocket - getting really infuriated etc etc.

Gzmo

Thank you for your help - great site - mybryanthomeiscrap.co.uk = have told several people on the site - also told them about the offer of assistance taking Bryant to court - much appreciated - keep up the good work and I sorry for all that you have gone through - appalling