NHBC inspection

New Build Inspections

Fenman48

My son has a mould and damp problem with a David Wilson Homes flat (as do sixteen others) and as they have refused to meet and are now ignoring letters, it will go the whole 9 yards.

My questions are really to do with quality control and inspection.
I assume that stage inspections are carried out by the sub contractor in this case,Tithegrove, David Wilson Homes and NHBC. Can these records be obtained either for court or by a Freedom of information letter.

The second question is would these homes have been inspected at any stage by the Local Authority or is this substituted by the NHBC? Is there a standard inspection procedure or are there differences?:)

NewHomeExpert

Freedom of Information only apply to public records.
private companies obviously excluded.

Sun contractors won't be inspecting their work that's a fact!
Most site managers don't do it, or do it properly too.

Even the warranty inspectors don't carry out stage inspections as they should for every home although the NHBC did so for 98.5% of stage inspection in the year to April 2016.

The Building Control Inspections can be carried out by either the NHBC of the Local Authority.
Either will check and inspect for Building Regulation compliance in the same way.
How ell it is done will depend on the diligence and experience and knowledge of the actual inspector.

Be aware that NHBC and David Wilson Homes will claim it is a lifestyle issue.
More likely it is caused by a leak somewhere if other properties are affected.