Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. H

Downstairs ceiling "cracking" noise when people walk upstairs

To start, not "all new builds do this", love the BS contractors and customer service people try to spin. My house did however do this, my neighbours did not. They took down our ceiling and worked from underneath, discovering that the beams were sagging as they weren't reinforced properly or...
  2. H

Martin Grant Homes

I've heard very good things about MGH around my area. I unfortunately went with TW and have regretted it ever since. Sometimes the smaller regional developers are better as they value their customers, they need to get the income coming in. Big giants like TW don't care because they rake it in...
  3. H

Taylor Wimpey customer service rubbish and complaints process a farse

I feel your pain! I've been chasing TW for 15 months to get a satisfactory outcome. I've got building work still going on and I'm fuming with them as I've had to use the majority of my annual leave to allow access to the house, even on the days when the builders didn't show up because they were...
  4. H

TW Developments/Reviews in East Anglia

The original builders of my TW house in the south midlands were very shoddy, proper cowboy builders. Finishing touches were awful, had to get the ceiling reinforced 4 times, stairs reinforced twice, bathroom redone, flooring redone, floorboards screwed down as they were loose etc. I'd avoid...
  5. H

Write to Pete Redfern CEO of Taylor Wimpey

I've emailed him 3 times regarding issues as his customer service team seem unable to do their job or reply to emails or answer phone calls. I haven't heard anything back from him either. Douchebag springs to mind who just wants our money. Once the deal's signed it's tough titty for us.
  6. H

Taylor Wimpey customer service rubbish and complaints process a farse

I feel your pain! I've been waiting 15 months now to get a lot of issues rectified. There have been so many snags & major faults with nearly every room in the house, including the ceiling not being supported so the beams kept sagging down. Had to get the stairs replaced twice, flooring taken...