Snagging Inspections
    Thanks

Default Question About Completion Certificate of New built??

I am buying new house in Edinburgh, which is under construction. Our missive is not been concluded as The builder want to delete a clause in the missive. The clause is about Issuance of Completion certificate.

My solicitor says :-
    The builder is not committed to provide the timeline when the completion certificate will be issues as this is issued by Edinburgh council. The seller shall keep the temporary Habitation certificate in full force until Completion certificate is issued. This is normal but only risk is you would not be able to sell the property unless you have the completion certificate.

Please advise me is this normal procedure ? Worse case scenario, what if after 2 year council reject to issue certificate after 2 years? will I be able to sell.

Please suggest.

thanks
    pd

Thanks

You cannot allow yourself ....and your solicitor should not allow you to enter into anything which restricts you in any future sale

Its up to your solicitor to find a way around this which works for both parties

You may not envisage it now but you may need to sell at some in the future

David
    New build inspections
    Snagging inspectors and building consultants

Thanks

The builder IS committed to the "timeline" for a Completion Date as requirement 3.2 in the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
    presumably this is being included because the builder is not confident the home will be passed as complete when it wants legal completion to take place.
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

Thanks

I'd be astounded if your mortgage company would allow you to sign anything which meant they couldn't immediately off-load the asset should the worst happen.

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    I'd be astounded if your mortgage company would allow you to sign anything which meant they couldn't immediately off-load the asset should the worst happen.
    The lender wouldn't know! (unless they send someone to the house themselves!) Oftentimes, even the buyers aren't "allowed" to see their homes before they legally complete. It's a national scandal that Government is doing nothing about!
    So SIGN THIS PETITION!! https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/167660

The warranty providers "sign off" new homes as being "complete" when they are clearly not at this time of year.
    The "end of year figures" silly season.
    Its the CML certificate supposed to confirm they could re possess and re sell the completed home if they had to.
    But as with most things the housebuilders have pressured warranty providers and some of their inspectors are also pressured or "persuaded" by "other means" to pass incomplete new homes.
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial