Snagging Inspections
    Thanks

Thumbs down bits falling off

Hello All, we have been our new Gladedale house noew for 3.5 years and bits are started falling off i.e. roof tiles leaks in all bathrooms , heating/ boiler too small for size of house sq/f.i HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT MD of Gladedale and Bett homes but so far no responce. NHBC do not seem to be interested, we now have a smell in our L/Room and do not know wherenit is coming from(not us),can anyone help?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy Clark For This Useful Post:

galvismarty (29th April 2013),lakhulandkend (28th April 2013),outlettiffany (29th April 2013),sivlersivler (30th April 2013)

Thanks

Exclamation waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Clark View Post
    Hello All, we have been our new Gladedale house noew for 3.5 years and bits are started falling off i.e. roof tiles leaks in all bathrooms , heating/ boiler too small for size of house sq/f.i HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT MD of Gladedale and Bett homes but so far no responce. NHBC do not seem to be interested, we now have a smell in our L/Room and do not know wherenit is coming from(not us),can anyone help?
    they take your money and dont care afterwards . keep calling and pestering them and nhbc . personally if i was you i would sell up. no offence but new builds are like dolls houses not built to last . better off in a older house . better build quality larger rooms etc. not victorian though most cost a fortune to maintain. which development are you on

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheeil For This Useful Post:

galvismarty (29th April 2013),lakhulandkend (28th April 2013),outlettiffany (29th April 2013),sivlersivler (30th April 2013)

Thanks

My advice would be to keep on writing to complain and keep a record of your letters.
    My website has template letters that may help you.

3.5 years is now outside the Gladadale responsibility NHBC warranty and unless you have previously complained inside the two years they are not required to do anything under the warranty. The remainder of the Buildmark warranty is for major strucral defects only.

I agree with Cheeil, New Homes have far too many disadvantages, it never ceases to amaze me that people still buy them.
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewHomeExpert For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewHomeExpert View Post
    My advice would be to keep on writing to complain and keep a record of your letters.
    . The remainder of the Buildmark warranty is for major strucral defects only.

I agree with Cheeil, New Homes have far too many disadvantages, it never ceases to amaze me that people still buy them.

Most who do have no other choice. There are not enough second hand homes on the market. My area has 43 homes for sale, but hundreds from three developers.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Divi View Post
    Most who do have no other choice. There are not enough second hand homes on the market. My area has 43 homes for sale, but hundreds from three developers.
    There is always a choice.
    Why buy something badly-built, too small and overpriced just to stay in an area or get on the property ladder?
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewHomeExpert For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Staying in an area is dictated by employment/schools/families, its not so easy to move from an area.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    Quote Originally Posted by Divi View Post
    Staying in an area is dictated by employment/schools/families, its not so easy to move from an area.
    Where there's a will there's a way.
    The easy option in most things in life is doing nothing and complaining!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewHomeExpert For This Useful Post: