Snagging Inspections

Thread: Elan homes 2012

Thanks

Default Elan homes 2012

Looking to buy a new build house from the above company later this year once complete. This site will be in Audenshaw, Manchester. Having researched the company and found this forum I would like to know if the building quality and customer service of this company has changed for the better or would I be making a mistake? Your comments would be gratefully appreciated. :0)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColletteMorrell For This Useful Post:

galvismarty (29th April 2013),lakhulandkend (28th April 2013),outlettiffany (29th April 2013),sivlersivler (30th April 2013)

Thanks

YES, IN MY OPINION YOU WOULD BE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE!

This was the comment on the last thread about this company:
    "Elan certainly have struggled and it would seem with good reason.
    I'd implore anybody to look at the standard of their building - talk to buyers who are already on sites and just see what you think after that. This is a shockingly poor company"

You have read this and are still considering buying a home from them?
    AVOID!!!!!!! would be my advice.
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewHomeExpert For This Useful Post:

galvismarty (29th April 2013),lakhulandkend (28th April 2013),outlettiffany (29th April 2013),sivlersivler (30th April 2013)

Thanks

Elan Home recently sold the house that i had reserved with them having agreed to part exchange my home, devaluing it y 7k, and then changing their minds. This is not to mention the money i had already spent on solicitors etc. They they refused to refund my reservation fee, phrases used by the Elan Homes representative, Beverly (Beverly introduced herself as Sales Manager, but her linkedin profile claims she is Regional Sales Director), included "we have gone over and above", and my favorite "this has cost Elan a lot of money".

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alext For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the whyelanhomes site has since been taken down - i have bought some domain names that include the elan homes name and wondered if anyone else would like to contribute their experiences to a website?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alext For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    Please don't make multiple posts on this forum.
    It wastes people's time and adds nothing.
    Your posts will be seen by just as many people by just posting once!
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewHomeExpert For This Useful Post: