Snagging Inspections
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

One should never post a "final update" as long as not ALL problems have been really solved!
    More than a month ago I optimistically wrote in my most recent post: "Little work is still left ...".
    True, the remaining work is "little" in comparison to the big issues we had to wait for for months to be repaired. But it is still "big" enough to be relevant to have these issues properly repaired.
    Now we are again back in an endless waiting loop: no reaction from Countryside Customer Services. After the 5th reminder we were informed that "as soon as I have the relevant information to be able to progress both avenues I will provide you a full update."
    And guess what - since then this "relevant information" is still not available ...

Thanks

As you said:
    focus professionally on the repair of all snags reported since long, they now really did a good job - I am ready to appreciate this! Little work is still left, but the measures for repair they decided on are efficient and according to the needs of us customers.
    It is never a good idea to praise and commend house builders, even those that do eventually put right defect that should have existed in the first place!
    Now Countryside have a permanent positive post that puts them in a favourable light which is at odds with how you actually feel now and the reality for most of their buyer's experiences going by the youtube videos!
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Claiming compensation from a house builder: The Consumer Code for Home Builders
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

Thanks

Yes I finally learned that being nice to them - just because they started repairing issues they should have started already months ago - is nonsense. Especially when you recognize that even this work has not been done properly. And that one has to poke them again for weeks until they even acknowledge one's complains.

Why are they so resistent to become more profesional and customer oriented? Why do they prefer to have frustrated customers instead of satisfied ones? What is the longterm gain in that? Even pure greed is no explanation, because they lose trust in the long term, which is of no help to stay greedy .... It remains a big riddle ...

Thanks

No one would seek to annoy their customers.
    With house building it is usually a mixture of indifference, laziness and incompetence.
    For more information visit the Brand New Homes website: Information advice and tips for the UK new home buyer
    Please consider making a small donation - If you have found my help and advice beneficial

Thanks

Almost two years ago, I naïvelly wrote a “final update”, because all internal snags had been resolved (an incredible number of 42, and it took a year to repair them). And at this time Countryside had started to repair the remaining winter garden snags (17) – which looked promising.
    wer
    Until the next heavy rain set in - which proved that the repair had some positive effect, but was by far not solving the problems. We also found out that the balconies were not equipped with a drainage, which is a prerequisite for wintter gardens, according to NHBC rules.

Since then we have sent further dozens of emails to Countryside Customer Servic – still the winter gardens are leaking! This is now ongoing since 2.5 years!
    We informed NHBC 6 months ago – this at least led to a “promise” from Countryside to completely renovate all these winter gardens – but up to now we did not receive any details on what will be done – and when.

In the meantime other (communal) issues joined the long list of problems.
    The electric gate of our parking court broke down 4 times, always shortly after its repair – each took weeks and months (the problem is known since Nov 2014).
    4 months ago we asked Countryside to clarify why our central heating systems show a high percentage of transport loss – after several promises we are still waiting for a clarifying report.
    And there is a number of further snags open since months/years.

This is an endless story!

Thanks

Snagging Inspections
    They certainly are!
    Once the site managers leave a site, buyers are in the hands of housebuilder's customer care.
    These are normally people who just answer the phone for a living!
    They have no experience of how a home is built, what the defect is likely to be caused by and are useless at managing and coordinating remedial works.
    The best customer care managers would be ex site managers but they wouldn't want that job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12